A Diclonious by the name of Lucy is held in a government facility off the coast of Kamakura, for experimentation. She later escapes the facility by wreaking havoc and blood shed. Lucy is unable to escape unharmed and is found at the beach with a loss of memory and no ability to say anything other than “Nyu”. Kouta and his cousin Yuka find Lucy and offer her a place to stay. Oblivious to the situation they got themselves into, a Special Assault Team and a Diclonious are sent to seize Lucy and calamity ensues.
- A Japanese Manga Series written and illustrated by Lynn Okamoto
- Genre: Dark Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction
- Originally serialized by Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump
- Manga has 12 volumes and the anime has 13 episodes
- Also known as Erufen Rīto
- Elfen Lied is German/Dutch for Elves Song
- The anime was released before the manga was finished, so there are a couple differences between the two
- The Manga is published by Dark Horse Comics
- Diclonious are a species that resemble humans but can be distinguished by their horns and their vectors.
- Vectors are a power wielded by Diclonious that allows them to slice and seize at their own discretion. The vectors have limits when it comes to range. They can also sense one another.
- The story takes place is Kamakura in the Kanagawa Prefecture
Elfen Lied is one of the gems I watch again every couple years, a classic.👌🏻 I recently re watched this series a couple weeks ago, and although I’m sure most of you have already seen it, there are probably the 1% who hasn’t. So this is for you babies! I love the series, things get fucked up really quickly, it’s a super dark anime. A lot of feels are in this series. If you like seeing blood and limbs chopped off, this is a series you’ll love as much as I do.
A huge con for me with the series is the relationship that Kouta and Yuka have with one another while being cousins. It still grosses me out to this day!😒
If you choose to watch the English dub as I do, know that it is really cringy. How ever, I had mentioned to someone before that a lot of older anime’s don’t sound so great, and I feel that a lot of them have a lot to do with the audio systems we had back then. (So I can’t really blame the voice actors) Like Fruits Basket, I didn’t think the voices were that great back then but the new adaption sounds amazing, with the same voice actors.
In what ever language you prefer, you should still watch this classic beauty of a series. I re watched the series on Hi Dive on VRV, It is phenomenal!👌🏻
No trailer for this one because I really wanted to share the opening song instead. The music and the video are stunning!👌🏻
Anime, Dark Fantasy, Elfen lied, Erufen Rīto, Graphic Novel, Horror, Manga, Science Fiction